This is a full time administration position at a fast-growing Disaster Recovery/High Availability Solutions provider, supporting multiple System i High Availability environments. The ideal candidate will have 3 or more years experience supporting multi-LPAR System i environments, strong analytical and communication skills, and a dedicated customer service focus.
- Manage High Availability software (iTera HA and MIMIX) on System i.
- Maintain scheduled reports of High Availability activities including trouble tickets, daily checklists, etc.
- Monitor System i OS and hardware health.
- Support, monitor, and troubleshoot System i hardware and software problems.
- Perform High Availability Role Swaps and Failovers.
- Perform System i OS upgrades and PTF updates.
- Frequently respond to requests from customers and support personnel.
- Provide off-shift and on-call support as required.
- Guide, train and assist team members on System i and High Availability software process knowledge and incident resolution.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, 401k
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience, and Competencies
- 3+ years of System i administration and operations experience
- B.S. in Computer/Information Science or equivalent experience
- Goal-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Strong organizational, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Keen customer service focus