This is a full time, operator/technician position at a fast-growing Disaster Recovery/High Availability Solutions provider. The ideal candidate will grow with the company, providing support to both external and internal customers.
- Coordinate and perform daily operation activities associated with the various computer systems and their peripheral devices. This includes the scheduling and running of all backup jobs, and the monitoring of all processes and backups that run on the various systems.
- Coordinate and perform periodic fix maintenance and quarterly full system backups.
- Identify systems hardware and software malfunctions, taking appropriate corrective action as necessary to troubleshoot/resolve operating problems.
- Frequently respond to requests from support personnel, customers and users for operations assistance.
- Monitor customer service issues and respond immediately to customer complaints.
- In the event of an emergency situation, handle and/or escalate issues, and communicate to management.
- Maintain scheduled reports of operations activities including trouble reports, logs, etc., and analyze them for problem patterns.
- Provide rotating 24×7 on call customer support.
- Maintain library of system documentation and hardware inventory.
- Assist managerial staff in developing operational procedures. Make recommendations in operations to improve efficiency.
- Perform installation, operation, troubleshooting, and support of PC systems and standard application software products.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, 401k
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience, and Competencies
- Associate’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills; keen customer service focus.
- Capable of recognizing issues and using appropriate escalation procedures.
- Capable of troubleshooting hardware issues and implementing quick resolutions.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Proficiency with Microsoft desktop applications (Office, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Experience with software backup products beneficial.
- Knowledge of System i/iSeries/AS/400 operating system benficial, but not required.