I ran across an article titled “Data Backup Tips” on www.SearchDataBackup.com. Although it was written last summer, the tips provided by the author, George Crump, remain relevant today. George lays out seven misconceptions relative to online data backup. He then addresses each of these fallacies with excellent tips for what to consider when deciding if online backup is the right choice for your business.
The seven misconceptions include:
1. Online data backup is only for smaller businesses.
2. I will get locked into a single vendor.
3. The service provider will be able to see all my data.
4. I have to have a huge WAN connection to send all this data.
5. Online data backup gets more expensive over time.
6. It doesn’t matter what hardware and software the service provider uses.
7. It’s hard to get started with online data backup.
After you’ve had a chance to read this article, please let us know what you think or even better yet, share some of your own tips or experiences with our community.